Monday, May 3, 2010

Tap 'N Go: On the Rise

I had a friend in town and decided to take him out to Mt. Adams. Unfortunately, Crowley's was packed wall to wall. Although I consider myself a relatively patient person, I can only handle being shoved so many times.

So we decided to wander over to Tap 'N Go. I believe they opened up August of 2009. I had stopped by in it's first opening weeks and was severely disappointed with its identity crisis. Mark was really excited to drink British beers, but we were in for a rude awakening when they only had Miller and Hudy on tap. What?! No wonder the place was empty.

Fast forward 7 months later. We see a sign at Tap 'N Go for $2.50 Miller High Life's, it's 1:30 AM.. we're game! We step into the bar and are pleasantly surprised that they have added to their draft beer selection as well as bottled beer.  Mark (a beer connoisseur) still stated they lacked a lot of the British 'Essential' Beers, so to our surprise, the bartender handed us a napkin and asked us to write them down. She said she would pass our recommendations onto the owner. Now I haven't been back to see if any of our selections have been added, but I'll keep you posted!! 

A great part about Tap 'N Go is their porch area. It's spacious and cozy at the same time. While it could use some character (Christmas lights, a nice fire pit, accent furniture) it is still an outside area to enjoy the summer months. So our group was able to sit and watch everyone in Crowley sweat their pants off!

  Enjoying the porch with our High Lifes.

Sadly, every time I pass Tap 'N Go, it's not very crowded. I encourage more people to support this bar. It's improving (and still has room to go), and is a nice change of pace from your typical 'bump and grind' Mt. Adams Bars.

Outside of Tap N Go

No comments:

Post a Comment