Thursday, May 13, 2010

Happy Mother's Day = 1st Reds Game of the Season

For Mothers Day, my mom (aka the Pegster) took herself to the Reds game. (Don't worry, my sister and I got her some nice gifts too). She of course invited along her two favorite daughters, and I enjoyed my first game of the season! It was my first time walking from Mt. Adams and I was pleasantly surprised it only took me about 20 minutes to get there. I have to confess that I did hitch a ride back though, it's a lot of stairs up!!!


Everyone got a free Reds scarf! I thought this would be enough to get us on the jumbo tron, alas it did not work.




If you are working in the new building, is it a given that you will be watching the 1pm games from your office?


Home Run to put us ahead of the Cubbies!


Props to Jay Bruce. We had a little girl sitting behind us with a baseball glove, so before the 8th inning began we all started to cheer for Bruce as he was warming up. Enough cheering (for him tossing a ball back and forth) got him to turn around and we all pointed to the little girl. Realizing our scheme, he pointed back to her and tossed her the ball! Although she didn't catch it, the fan behind her was kind enough to make sure she got it.

All and all, great game! Anyone going to the weekend games against the Cards? With a 5 game winning streak, I think it's going to be a packed weekend at GABP!

No comments:

Post a Comment