Thursday, May 6, 2010

If I was the President of Mt. Adams...

On my run today I saw that a new pizza shop is opening up in Mt. Adams. I am not knocking it, but I am not sure if that is exactly the type of business the neighborhood needs right now. But hey, any business is good business I guess. Awhile back I read the Mt. Adams Strategic Plan and it basically calls out that while there is a thriving bar/food district, the retail space on the Hill is empty. This got my roommates and I talking. If we could open up any business in Mt. Adams, what would it be?
  • Used Book Store: It would occupy the former consignment shop by Mt. Adams Bar and Grill. It would have live music and a coffee shop. It may even sell specialized tea. Oh yeah, it would have those sweet old school library ladders too! 
  • Yoga/Dance Studio: As if walking up these hills weren't exercise enough, we thought it would be fun to have a place to take classes. We didn't want your generic gym, but something unique and fun. Maybe we could take a Ballroom Dancing, or Tap, or cool Yoga Class. Definitely a way to stay active and meet people!
  • Pottery Store: How perfect would it be if it was right by Rookwood Pottery? A place where you can make your own pottery and decorate it. It could offer classes and sell merchandise.
  • Cobbler: There are already 2 Dry Cleaning services, who is here to take care of my shoes? 
  • Park+Vine like store: A cool retail store that sells unique Cincinnati items. It could range from t shirts, to prints and photos, to wine. Which reminds me, if anyone could tell me where I could buy an 'I Love Cincinnati' Bumper Sticker, that would be great. I see them everywhere!
  • What stores would you open up?


The location where I would open my used book store. (Photo taken back in February)


The new pizza shop will be right next to Teak.(on the right)

No comments:

Post a Comment