Monday, February 15, 2010

Taste of Belgium.. not just waffles!

Mark and I ventured down to Findley Market on a rainy Sunday. I am a bit ashamed to admit, but I first visited Findley Market in September, after living in Cincinnati for 20 something years. Boy have I missed out! It's such a variety of foods, people, and noises. From spices to gelato the market has everything (and you've only stepped through the door).

We were deciding whether to buy some food and make lunch or grab it while at Findley Market. I tried to convince Mark that a Creme Puff could be considered lunch, but Mark, being a firm believer that meat must be served at every meal, would not agree.

We decided on the meatlovers stromboli from Taste of Belgium. Now if you have every tried their waffles you know that anything that comes from them is fantastic. The stromboli was no exception. The gentleman who served us, offered to heat up the stromboli, and gave us marinara sauce to dip it in.


 



My first bite, I thought I had flown back to Italy. The break was so crisp on the outside and soft on the inside. It was the perfect balance of cheese, meat, and bread. Mark and I both agreed that dipping it in cold marinara sauce really made it great. Again, it's all about the balance. Splitting it between us, we were both content after our lunch. I really thought I was going to be able to have a waffle after our lunch, but my eyes were bigger than my stomach!

So who knew.. Taste of Belgium makes more than fabulous waffles.

Taste of Belgium on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment