Monday, February 15, 2010

Pizza and Chili? My Dream Come True!

I've heard great things about Newport Pizza Company, and have been saying over and over again that I should really eat there. Friday after the January snowstorm hit Cincinnati, (and by snowstorm I mean 3 inches) I made the decision to go!
 

Karen and I made the trip across the river to try some pizza. I do have to say that we have quite the expert pallet for pizza, Karen spent 3 months in Europe, I spent 2 weeks in Italy, and most importantly, we both have 4 years of college pizza 'sampling' under our belts!

I felt like I was walking into a local diner. Newport Pizza Co. is pretty small and nothing too fancy. It wasn't very crowded, so we were able to pick a table. (We chose closer to the back, to avoid the cold air from the front door!)

I've never been to a pizza place with such drastic choices on their menu. We had a hard time deciding what to choose, especially because each choice felt like it was going to be a unique experience.

We finally decided on a half buffalo chicken pizza, and half Cincinnati Chili Pizza.I love Cincinnati Chili and I love pizza, but I was hesitant as to how it would work out together. Well I must say that it was a great life choice. The Cincinnati Chili Pizza was great; don't ask me how the marina sauce works with the chili, but it does!

 
The buffalo chicken was also good, but a bit heavy on the blue cheese. After scraping some of it off, it was perfect. The pizza dough was thin and very tasty. I was surprised, for some reason I thought the crust would be deep dish.


All in all Newport Pizza Company is definitely a place I would like to return to. There are so many choices I have to try!








Newport Pizza Company on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment